Saturday, January 6, 2024

For Rosie


Rosie unexpectedly passed away a couple of days after Christmas. It was horrible news to hear, but also difficult in that we weren't given any more details than just that. I'm not sure we'll ever know any more details, either, but maybe that's just the way it's going to be. 



Rosie was an extremely competent NP, who gave all of herself to her patients who were fighting breast cancer. She was a mom, and grandma, who loved her family fiercely. You just knew that she was a really good human being. In fact, I'm pretty sure that you'd have to look hard to find someone who didn't realize that about her. 



A few days ago, I had a dream about Rosie. She was with her late husband, Jer, and her father who had already passed. She was happy, and I sensed she was at peace. When I woke up, I knew in my heart that she was okay. And, I wouldn't  have to worry about her anymore. It was a huge relief. 💜


Today was her memorial service. It was out of state, of course, and we didn't go. So today I decided to wear one of her favorite perfumes (Dolce & Gabbana, Light Blue), one that she actually sent me for my birthday! And, tonight we'll toast Rosie with a glass of her favorite buttery chardonnay. I'm going to miss talking to Rosie, but I do believe we'll see each other again one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!