Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Winter Lights At The Arboretum

The Wednesday before Christmas, we went with Pa and Richard to see the Winter Lights display at the Minnesota Arboretum. It was a cold night to be out, but a good adventure, and fun. And I do wish I were more of a cold weather person, living in Minnesota and all. I have to sometimes push myself to do these things. I dug around in my closet to find my long underwear, and luckily it still fit. We ate supper in the restaurant before seeing the display, and had coconut chicken curry over jasmine rice, and pie. (Pa and Richard split a piece of pecan, and Bruce and I split a piece of strawberry rhubarb.) As we looked at the display, we kept taking our gloves off to take photos, and that was cold, too! But I've decided that the one silver lining to having to wear a mask, is that it does help to keep your face warm in the winter. Afterwards, we chatted for a bit while sipping hot cider. Mom kept calling me while we were there (she was having one of her lonely nights) and it was kind of distracting. I answered most of her calls, but after we got into the car to go home, I saw there were six missed texts from Mark. Mom had fallen again. Then I felt bad for feeling frustrated from all the calls! But, I guess we all need a chance to take a break once in awhile, and try to take care of ourselves so we can continue to care for others. We're only human. Oh, and then after I got home and into bed, I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten to bring a present I wanted to give to Pa...
And, this is Joan, an old nursing school friend of mine. Today, when I looked at Facebook, Joan had posted these photos of her visit to the Arb, so gorgeous that I had to share. Joan takes the prettiest pictures!
Now that we've renewed our membership to the Arboretum, I'm thinking that more regular visits there (especially in warmer weather!) are in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!