Sunday, October 10, 2021

Truffles and Tortes


Debbie and I met for lunch last week, and we went to Truffles and Tortes in Anoka. They're known for their fancy dessert menu, but we decided to just have their apple bacon quiche along with the roasted pear salad for Debbie, and the roasted beet salad for me. We then had plans to walk and browse the shops, but found that pretty much all were closed on Tuesdays, and only open Thursdays through Sundays. So we just walked the sidewalks for a bit, and drove around a bit. Debbie remembered that there have been walking ghost tours in Anoka in the past, and we wondered if that could be fun, but are they even still having them during Covid? We decided that we would need to check into that. We also talked about having another girls night with Gwen, and we'll need to get that in before the snow flies.
Back to Debbie's house, and I helped her measure her PD (pupilary distance) with the handy dandy PD Ruler that Zenni Optical sent me with the glasses I ordered online. And then she showed me the little rechargable air compressor she uses to inflate her car tires. I want one. Aren't friends the best? We can learn so much from each other. And once more, it reminds me that if I'm ever at a point in my life that I don't know how to handle something unknown, or deal with something scary, I will always have friends to depend on, who will help me, and tell me that all will be well. I hope I can do the same for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!