Friday, July 30, 2021

Sleepover

It's been quite a few years since Debbie, Gwen, and I were able to get together, and now that we're all living in the same state, we decided it was time. Debbie invited us for a sleepover at her place! Gwen has stayed over there in past years, but I've never actually slept there myself, so this was an adventure. The Anoka County Fair was finishing up on it's last day, and traffic was pretty slow for awhile along that road. (Bruce followed me in his car, on a mission to replace a battery in Bil's old car.) When I drove up to Debbie's, the flowers along the front of her house were spectacular! Her two dogs, Odie and Gunner, were tucked away somewhere upstairs when I walked in, but they were allowed to join us at times, if they were behaving themselves ...they were pretty good ...
We had happy hour with Arnold Palmer Mimosas and Sangria, with plenty of chips and dips and veggies and fruit, and then a supper of chicken fingers from Pizza Ranch with potato salad. What am I forgetting? I brought an egg bake for breakfast the next day, and Debbie put cinnamon rolls in the oven.
We all remembered to wear our bling rings! But, we never got around to taking a selfie of us wearing them. Maybe next time.
11 pm seemed like the right time to go to bed. I suppose in the past we might have stayed up much later, but that's getting harder to do these days. Although there's always lots to discuss and never enough time to cover it all. We'll do this again, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!