Sunday, August 16, 2020

What's Important

Lately I've decided that I have too many distractions getting in the way of me getting things done. I guess I've drastically cut down on the amount of things coming into the house, but then there is the matter of purging all the things that are already there, having been accumulating over the years. I do believe that there is now only a window of time in which to do this task, and if that window is somehow missed, all bets are off that it will actually get done. And, it helps to want to do this, but it also takes a lot of physical and emotional energy to follow through. Charity pickups are starting to resume, and that could help. But you still have to do the work of looking at everything, and making the decision to let it go. Put it in that bag or box, and get it out of the house. It's hard work. I don't want to leave all this for someone else to clean up after me! Maybe I need to read my Swedish Death Cleaning book again. Back to the distractions, though. I think I'm going to blame my phone for the bulk of them. Those phones could easily eat up a good 4-5 hours a day, and I'm not exaggerating. Lately, I'm starting to leave my phone in another room just so I'm not tempted, out of habit, to pick it up and look at it. And then get sucked into whatever, it doesn't even have to be exciting. But, I have mixed feelings about this as I really do need to be able to answer the phone if a call comes in about mom. And that brings me to what's important. My people are important. Somehow I need a balance between getting things done, and being able to spend time caring for and loving my people. Maybe a casual daily schedule of sorts would help? I don't know, it's worth a try, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!