Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Update










The weather has morphed to bitter cold, and it's time to sit in front of the fire. Every morning with coffee, for sure, but also late afternoons and into the evening while perusing cookbooks or catching up on the latest book club reading. The cats LOVE the fire and immediately gather round when it's on. And I'm so happy that we converted the old wood burning units into gas, as it's easy to just flip on with a switch.

Jake has been in town for work, and we've been able to see him a few times for dinner and brunch. Grandma Joyce was so thrilled! We've also been able to see Brianna, and Punk takes advantage of the situation by jumping into her lap to snuggle.

I've been starting to organize the thousands of photos that are taking over our house. Well, maybe organize is a bit grandiose of a word to use, maybe it's more like starting to think about dealing with them. I did put together an album of old photos of Grandma Joyce's past, which she loved, and there will probably be more albums in the future, maybe photo boxes, too. I don't know exactly how I'll deal with them all yet, but to just get started is a good thing.

Katie and Avi's little boy is due on Thanksgiving, which will be in no time at all! We most likely won't be in Maryland for the delivery, so a Thanksgiving dinner is being planned. Once more I'm trying to think of even more easy ways to cook. Granted, energy levels are not what they used to be years ago, but I may also be getting wiser, and am seeing the value of spending more time with my guests chatting in front of the fire versus all my time standing in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!