Monday, March 5, 2018

The North Shore









We had a little get away this past weekend when we drove up to the North Shore for a wedding.

First of all, I have to say that it's really good to get away for a night once in awhile. Sort of like a date night, when you realize that you really do like each other a lot. And being somewhere new together can be energizing.

Right away, I noticed all the Birch trees. They were so beautiful! And there was so much color contrast everywhere else with the turquoise color of Lake Superior, the rocks, the snow, the trees. It was amazing. And while Minnesota can be interesting to see in general, I think the North Shore might be one of the best places to go to if you can.

The morning after the wedding, we drove to Split Rock Lighthouse. The center and the lighthouse were open to see, but unfortunately the light keepers cabins were not. Maybe we can go back in the warmer months to walk through them when they are open to the public. I'm a little afraid of heights, but I managed to find the courage to climb up the winding staircase to the top.

We traveled light, but I decided to bring my retro luggage cosmetic case with me this trip. I love that thing! It was tucked up on a shelf in the basement storage room, and at the last minute I decided to pull it down. It's a little thing, to like something like that, but it made me think about the possibility of more travel in my future, and that is a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy!
    My husband and I, also love to travel and that location, looks beautiful!
    Have a great week!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend and I do hope you can get back there to tour the light keeper's cabin as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!