Sunday, May 21, 2017

Time To Lighten The Load













It's been raining nonstop for days, and feeling downright cold. So cold that I ended up turning the furnace back on for a bit. And then since it was too wet to be doing anything outside or even feeling like going anywhere outside, I decided it was time to try to declutter the basement one more time ...

I really do think I'm getting better at this. I started by scheduling a charity pick up for the end of the week. Then, my strategy was to find as many things that I obviously didn't want anymore before tackling the boxes of memories.

I found 30 boxes/bags of things to part with so far! You'd think that the storage room would have some obvious empty holes in it at this point, but not so much. That's the scary part, but when you've lived in the same house for close to 30 years, and raised up three kids in it, things have a way of sneaking up on you.

I'm not giving up. I will get this house cleared out. And then we will feel the serenity of it, and my kids won't have to deal with it all later on when we're too old to do it ourselves. That's my motivation.

Progress, not perfection.

2 comments:

  1. I so need to do that too! My kids are actually really good now at purging their own homes but for whatever reason, they left a lot of stuff here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does seem to happen, doesn't it. I'm thinking that things get forgotten about a lot of the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!