Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sweetie Jess




Jessie's not feeling well this week.

It came on kind of suddenly Saturday night. When I went downstairs to let her out before bed, she tried to stand up and her back legs didn't work. She ended up going potty on the porch floor, and when she got finally back into the living room, she pretty much collapsed. Bruce was up north, but decided to drive back to be with us. I wondered if she'd had a stroke. Poor thing!

We decided to watch and try to keep her comfortable. We brought her bed down to the living room and waited until she was settled before going to bed ourselves. By morning, she was still pretty wobbly, but she drank some water and went outside to go potty. Maybe she ate a bit, but it's been a challenge since then to get anything in her. Today I scrambled her an egg. She did eat that with some kibble and peas, which was so good to see. Or, maybe it was because Jake came home from college to visit. She loves it when her people are home.

I think maybe she's a little better?  Maybe a little perkier, maybe a little less wobbly. Still doesn't hear, but I know she feels our love when we pet her.

She's an old lady dog now, and life is more of a struggle for her in general. I guess when she stops doing some of the things she loves best, we might know more of what direction she is going. In the meantime, I guess we watch that she's comfortable and love her as much as we can.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Jessie has had such a struggle lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Debbie. Hard to watch them grow old, but so worth it to have them in your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!