Thursday, April 16, 2015

Planning Ahead








We've started talking about the idea of retirement.

Not now, but it's probably not as far into the future as it was before. We've been blessed, but I'm sure that the future has plenty of unknown surprises that we'll have to deal with. It's not always easy to have the budget talk, or come to agreement on things, but we do agree that our lifestyle will most likely have to change some.

Personally, I don't have control over everything, but one thing I can contribute is making meals at home. I've said this before and I'll say it again, you can save a lot of money by eating at home, and it's a healthier thing to do, too. So tempting to eat out! But I can also have a plan, and try to follow through.

I made some pepper steak last night. It had a lot of ingredients, and I told myself that I should just focus on the moment and enjoy the process. I looked at the beautiful colored peppers as I chopped them, and told myself to slow down when I wanted to just rush through and get it done. In the end, it was quite satisfying and I was proud of myself! This plan to cook most meals at home just might become my new hobby! At any rate, it's the right thing to do.


2 comments:

  1. That looks so good Sandy. :) I think you are wise to save your money and cook more at home. I know that eating out can be so much fun, but there have been so many times that I have been disappointed in the meals and I know I can make them better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! The challenge is in being consistent, difficult sometimes when you are tired and can't think of things. I think if I get in the habit of writing out a meal plan (as I have done in the past!), it will be easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!