Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Avi's Fourth of July Bash


In celebration of the first 4th of July since Avi become a U.S. citizen, he and Katie invited family and friends over to their place to celebrate with them. Avi made ribs and wings, and even bought a red, white, and blue sheet cake that had a flag on it. I brought my rhubarb dessert to share.




Proud Avi 😊

wings

The Uncles

Hats from Avi

Little kids were running through the house while Baby Daniel mostly hung out in his bouncy chair, watching and napping. Aunt Brianna stayed close by! 💕 Uncle Jim and Uncle Mark talked genealogy, and Pop Pop played with Little Boy and the balloons.






Baby Daniel's Fennec Fox


Aunt Brianna and Baby Daniel

I don't know what it was about those balloons, but Katie and I cracked up whenever we looked at pictures of them. I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt! It's been a long time since I've laughed hard like that.












By the time evening rolled around, we were too tired to even think about going somewhere to watch fireworks! It had been a pretty stimulating day already, so we opted to stay in and watch our current series, The Chosen.

sweetheart


💕💕💕


Today, Bruce and I went over to Mom's to eat lunch with her. They had grilled burgers and brats, potato salad, pickles, watermelon, and lemonade. Then we sat on the front porch for a couple of hours with the other folks there, and chatted. It was a nice afternoon for sitting on the porch, and the newly painted floor of the porch looked really good! Uncle Sam even made an appearance, and reminded people to pay their taxes.







Uncle Sam


Pay your taxes!




Mom's sticker tattoo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!