Monday, October 29, 2012

Mouse

The house was cold when we came home from the cabin last night, and being that it was a Sunday night, the repair people didn't exactly rush to our aid. We did find a space heater in the basement, though, and piled some blankets on our beds, and ended up actually sleeping pretty well. There was still no call back from the repair people before we left for work, so I wasn't sure of what the day would bring. Bruce stayed on top of the situation, though, and by noon, the repairs had been done and the house was toasty warm when I walked through the door. What a good husband I have! The sad part was that a mouse had managed to crawl in from the outside pipes by the raspberry plants, got stuck, and died in the furnace. I don't like the idea of mice making their way into my home, but let's face it, it's cold outside and the little guy was probably just trying to stay warm. Now that I think about it, it sure seems like we've had a lot of major appliances going on the fritz lately... wonder what's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for your comments!